There are so many ways that we can stop the "waste"...for examples:
- Turn of lights when you leave the room
- Resist the urge to spend at the check out (the ever so popular Impulse purchase...it does add up over time)
- Do you really need that extra bottle of window cleaner that is on sale when you already have two bottles at home?
- When buying gifts...is it really important to buy an extra gift because it is on sale when you already have that person the "perfect gift?"
- Don't throw out cans ....recycle them in some fashion, donate, take to a recycling center, an Art Room (hmm...I am collecting to do some art projects with my students and cans I don't use...go to my fifth graders who are recycling to pay for their beach trip!)
- Think about it, this list can go on and on and on....take time to figure up your wasteful spending....SAVE that money, put it in a jar...and put it to Good use...debt reduction (a bill)...or put it in a savings account for your child. Put it to GOOD use! It does add up!
Happy Saturday! What can you do not to waste...in general or money! :-)
Psst...sometimes that wasteful spending is good for the soul...we need it once in a while...like a meal out etc...don't beat yourself up....but stop where you can! :-)
Check out other folks' stories on Spendster.org
Post a Comment